Friday 7 May 2010

Matt's Big Oscar Challenge: You Win some, You Lose Some

Okay so this isn't really about any film in particular but just kind of an update on the challenge.

So far way behind schedule but am already halfway through the decade of the ceremonies from 1929 to 1939 with the films watched being made between 1927 and 1938.

Today I had a bit of a disaster as I had to reboot my computer and completely lost all of my files so had to restart my database on finding the films and getting all the links back to the ones online however some seem to have been taken down now.

I found out that I won't be able to fully complete my challenge as one film - The Patriot from the first 1930 ceremony that was made in 1929 isn't available anywhere as only part of the original filmstrip remains and it is apparently the only film nominated for Best Picture that a copy of doesn't exist therefore it has been crossed off my list.

And if anyone is actually reading this and can find me a copy of any of these films to finish of the first decade search it would be most appreciated:

East Lynn (1930)
Trader Horn (1930)
Five Star Final (1931)
Smilin' Through (1933)
State Fair (1933)
The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934)
Flirtation Walk (1934)
One Night of Love (1934)
The White Parade (1934)
The Broadway Melody of 1936 (1936)
Anthony Adverse (1936)
Alexander's Ragtime Band (1938)
The Citadel (1938)
Four Daughters (1938)

It would be brilliant if anyone could find these and I will perserve to do my best on this hunt, this is definitely going to be the hardest decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment